Monday, June 6, 2016

Mint cucumber gin fizz

020

When I look at a cocktail menu, there are a few ingredients that always draw my attention: herbs (mint, thyme, rosemary), cucumbers, summer fruits like berries or peaches. And I tend to go for gin or vodka. My go-to cocktail is a G&T with lime, but last weekend, I felt like trying something a bit more interesting (and I had a boatload of mint from my CSA).

I had spotted this on another blog and so I busted out the blender and gave it a shot. DELISH! And I'm pretty sure it's healthy because it contains a cucumber, right?!??

Mint cucumber gin fizz

025

This cocktail screams summer. I'll be making a pitcher for my next BBQ!

Ingredients
  • 4 oz. gin
  • 1 cup cucumber, cut into chunks, plus a few slices for garnish (seed the cucumber before measuring if it's very seedy)
  • 15 mint leaves, plus a few extra for garnish
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar (I used raw)
  • 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
  • Chilled seltzer
  • Ice

Cooking Directions
  1. In the jar of a blender, combine the cucumber chunks, the mint leaves, sugar and lemon juice. Puree until you have a smooth mixture.
  2. Fill two glasses with ice. Add 2 ounces of gin to each glass and the thinly sliced cucumbers. Fill the glasses to 2/3rds full with the cucumber mixture. Top with seltzer and stir well. Garnish with fresh mint and cucumber slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...